Monday, August 28, 2006

Quickly catching up

Okay, here's the Readers Digest verison of the past few days:

I sprayed weed killer on all the weeds in the yard (and there are a TON of them). 48 hours later, no noticable results. Now I'm planning on returning the pantywaist-nancy-boy weed killer and getting Roundup from the farm supply store. And now, my young weeds....you will die. Too late, you realize the power...of the dark side!

I had a couple of dizzy spells over the weekend. I got suspicious and we took my blood pressure and it was 102 over 58. Very very low, especially for me. I have my theories, but they all center on the diet. For now, I'm not planning to do anything about it.

Bernie and I went to Sam's Club and I cheated on the diet a bit, tasting the free samples. Real food is like a nuclear taste explosion in my mouth compared to the Nutrisystem food. Bernie got revenge on me by eating KFC and McDonalds in front of me while I ate my recycled cardboard.

My secret project is progressing and I may have a decision to make come Wednesday afternoon. We'll see.

I put some jalapeno and poblano peppers in my smoker this weekend and made some chipotles. Now I just need something to do with them. I've had a jalapeno craving lately, and I think it's actually a vitamin C deficiency making me crave them. More juice!

Work is improving. One account is being extremely demanding and I've had to email my boss to tell him that I don't have time to accomplish some things for other customers. So far, he's been very nice about getting me some help. I can't wait to stick this customer with the bill for the time they've been using.

The glider seat we got for my birthday finally arrived today. I guess I'll assemble it tomorrow.

Madden '07 rocks, and I had to get a new game controller as my old one died (one of the springs in the D-pad broke due to my grip of steel). I decided to buy a good one instead of breaking more cheap ones, so I got the Microsoft XBox 360 controller for Windows. It's awesome! Bernie completely disapproves of my spending even 10 minutes playing a game, though she's being polite about it.

We hung up the new curtains in the guest room, officially making it the nicest room in the house, where we spend absolutely no time at all. At least Bernie's folks will get to sleep in there and enjoy it. It's probably the best decorating job I've ever had in my home. Bernie's pretty darn good at it.

Well that's all for now!

1 comment:

Bern said...

Haha.. maybe we can make a remote control for the lawn mower so neither of us have to mow anymore :)

 
Clicky Web Analytics