Tuesday, August 15, 2006

It Ain't Easy

Today is day 2 of the NutriSystem diet, and here are the highlights:

1. I'm not starving (much). Along with the entrees, you get a fruit, a protein/dairy and a low glycemic carb serving. This means that I can have an egg sandwich on double-fiber bread along with my breakfast bar and snack on an apple afterward. So far, this is keeping me sane.

2. Lunch entrees are tiny. They are hardly worth it, and so far they haven't tasted good, either. The sandwich and fruit are saving my life.

3. Dinner entrees are quite good so far. I've had a burger and a chicken sandwich and both were not bad at all. You do your own bun, so I bought whole-wheat buns, and I put a big slice of onion and romaine lettuce on them with lots of mustard.

4. I'm drinking a lot of water. At least a liter at work, and whatever I can take at home. I'm rationing myself to one diet soda in the morning (need caffeine!!!) and a glass of diet soda with dinner.

5. I got the first completely flavorless orange that I've ever experienced today. I peeled it and it smelled so good, but no juice and no flavor at all. When you are already 'settling' for fruit when you want french fries, this can break your heart.

6. I don't think I'm going to die from this, so I'm hanging in there. 5 weeks to go!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good job!!!!

Bern said...

I am so tempted to steal some of his Nutrisystem meals. The BBQ sauce over beef, beans and rice, and the Pot Roast looks so yummy!!

Anonymous said...

Bernie, you are the last person that needs to go on a diet, so hush now :)

Bern said...

It looks just like Dream Dinners!!:)

Anonymous said...

To paraphrase Ron White with regard to dieting:

"I love getting dieting tips from skinny people. My mother weighs all of 80 pounds and do you know what her advice was? 'Drink a lot of water, then you'll be less hungry'. Do you know what you are if you drink a lot of water? Less thirsty!"

 
Clicky Web Analytics