Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Football Game

Last night, Brian and I went to the Panthers game. Brian had an extra ticket since Sophie was suffering from an acute case of sports apathy. Her loss is my gain, most definitely.

I took advantage of Brian's generosity to do something I've never done, and always wanted to do - TAILGATE!!!!

Now, to be fair, I've "tailgated" to games with my parents plenty of times before, but they always wimp out and get KFC or Jersey Mike's subs or some other fast food for the tailgate, and arrive about an hour early, eat out of the minivan, and go to the game. Brian and I arrived 3 hours early, and I brought a grill, and a pickup truck with an actual tailgate.

I spiced and marinated a top round steak overnight (couldn't find a skirt steak, so I made do), and I grilled it over charcoal and sautee'd vidalia onions on tinfoil. Then I sliced the steak as thinly as I could and we put it and the onions on grilled tortillas with that good mexican cheese and sour cream.

(Yes, I broke my diet for this - it was totally worth it and I'm back on the wagon today.)

The game was just OK, but it's preseason, so you don't come in with great expectations. The Panthers are going to be really good this season, but the offense didn't really get it together for this particular game. They've had a lot of time off since the last game and it showed. Despite their offensive woes, they won the game handily.

I had a great time and I would like to thank Brian again for the ticket. I slept like a baby last night thanks to the welcome break in my routine and my good mood continues today.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I wondered if either of you two were at the game when I was watching it. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

 
Clicky Web Analytics