Monday, August 21, 2006

Writer's Block

I've had a mild case of writer's block regarding this blog lately, so I've been avoiding posting much. I'm sure I'll get over it soon.

Here are the highlights of my life lately:

1. The diet is coming along nicely. Lost 5 lbs the first week, which meets my goal so far. 4 weeks to go and I'm not dead or disgusted yet. Not being able to go out to eat over the weekend was tough on me. I'm used to rewarding myself with food, and being denied that is really difficult.

2. Work is improving. My manager let me know that he knows my workload is more than anyone else's. He said I need to make sure my work is visible to others, though, because no one else seems to know it. I'm going to be travelling to Oklahoma once a month from here on out.

3. We did some yard work by putting out 10 bags of river rock around the trees and plants this weekend. I think maybe another 30 bags, placed in our natural area in front of the porch, around the driveway side of the fence, and between the crape myrtles and the fence will finish the job. I want to make it so I don't have to use the weed eater.

4. Bernie is jealous of my pre-packaged Nutrisystem food. I think she's a TV dinner junkie and doesn't know it. Since coming to the US, she's developed a liking for the 99 cent Banquet frozen dinners and Dinty Moore microwave meals. This has been an interesting observation on American culture infiltrating a non-native. What is so addictive about frozen dinners?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frozen dinners are a huge time saver, but I don't think most taste that great. We've been happy with the perfect portions frozen biscuits though, which surely beats the heck outa rolling your own.

Incidentally I think one of Sophie's first prepackaged discoveries was Pilsbury biscuits in a can. Man that popinfresh sound is so pleasing. :)

Bern said...

It's easy and convenient especially when one doesn't feel like cooking for a solo meal. And also, you don't have to risk eating too much since the portions are small.

eaf said...

DREAM DINNERS, PEOPLE!!! Do I have to come down there and beat it into your heads? :-)

 
Clicky Web Analytics