Sunday, September 03, 2006

3 day weekend! Rah!

Man, there's nothing like a 3 day weekend! Especially that feeling on Sunday morning when you can kick that feeling of dread out of your life for one more day, because there's no work tomorrow!

After spending the morning at the Matthews street fair and the afternoon watching football yesterday, I will be washing my grandfather's vinyl siding today. After that, I just might put up the pair of blinds that have been at the top of the procrastination list and maybe even buy one last pair for the guest room.

The secret project has progressed into phase 3 and I could possibly reveal all in a week or so.

I got Bernie a banana tree and an elephant ear plant for her early birthday present and she seems pleased with that. Her birthday is on Thursday, Sept 7, for those of you who don't know. She tried to get my family to "don't do anything for me" on her birthday, but that isn't how it works here. I can't wait for my father-in-law to try that one on us, as his birthday is shortly after he arrives in October. Hee hee.

I smoked some peppers a couple of weekends ago, and they've all dried out properly now, so I've been chopping them up and putting them in my eggs for breakfast. Very nice. I'm thinking that if Chris and Elizabeth do a BYODish event for their Christmas party that I might find a way to use them for that. Maybe a sort of inside-out jalapeno popper or chipotle-cheese-stuffed rice ball.

That's all for today. Bernie wants to shop, and I've got to get washing.

1 comment:

eaf said...

I'm not planning on BYOD this year. But that could change. I have to get some use out of my new food processor, so I should really do the cooking.

We have to be sure Chris is willing to do the party at all this year. It's on a hockey night for the first time in six years. I'm hoping he's willing to sell the tickets that night.

 
Clicky Web Analytics