Sunday, April 02, 2006

You know what really stinks?

Being on the road on April Fools Day and not being able to perpetuate the annual prank, that's what stinks. Not getting more than a couple of hours away from this restaurant at a time, that also stinks. Not being able to eat decent food for 6 days, that really stinks.

At least I got a couple of bottles of local wine to take home. There's a little winery a block from my hotel. Funny thing, though...the winery gets grapes from other places - one of which is Paso Robles, where I visited late last year, and it looks quite a bit like Camarillo, where I am now. Go figure.

My cell phone started dying today. Got a line across the screen that wouldn't go away, so I took it to the Verizon store that was conveniently next door, and they replaced it. Also sold me an extended battery that was on closeout. That made me happy, so I splurged and got a handsfree that I needed.

Just one more full day and I can get on a plane and fly home and see my wife - for two days - then I'm off to Nebraska. The boss has already inquired about my schedule after that, so I think I'll be doing an Atlanta trip almost as soon as I get back from the next one. It's doing wonders for my self-esteem, since I'm obviously needed, but Jeez...can't we spread the trips out just a little?

Almost dinner time...wonder what I can find that's close by and not a burger?

4 comments:

Bern said...

Alone again, naturally

Chris said...

D'oh! That's gotta be rough.

Anonymous said...

How about some cheese with your wine?

Bern said...

Sophie.. Jason just called and he wants me to tell you that he is driving by a Baja Fresh now:) U want him to bring back some foodie? It'll probably be cold by the time he gets home tomorrow tho.

 
Clicky Web Analytics