Tuesday, April 25, 2006

More Idol

Tonight's contest was the most disappointing one all season. The bar was set low, and still many of the prospective Idols failed to jump over it. Why the heck Idol chose to publicize the appearance of Andrea Bocelli (whom no one that watches Idol would know) instead of publicizing David Foster's appearance, I can't fathom. Foster showed tonight that he's forgotten more about singing and performance than Simon could ever learn. Take the bottom 6 contestants from this season and let them work with Foster for a month and then let them compete against the top 6 and I'd bet we'd see fireworks. If I were the Idol winner, I'd sign over half the contract earnings to Foster just to have him produce my first album.

Now then, onto my criticism:

Katharine: She broke rule #6 tonight and got spanked. Even though Whitney can't sing her way out of a paper bag right now, apparently she's still untouchable in the judges' minds. I think she did a great job, myself. Not in danger.

Elliott: David Foster got on his case for the same things I said last week. No risks or originality. He made Elliott take some risks on riffs and it worked like a charm. See what I mean about Foster? He's a genius. Elliott is not in danger this week.

Kellie: Ohhh...bad bad bad bad song choice and lackluster effort. She broke rule #7 in a big way. Kellie, this may end it all for you. Easily the weakest performance of the night two weeks running. DANGER!

Paris: Performed a song that is supposed to be a light sorbet and covered it with chocolate sauce, chopped nuts, and thick merengue, and it was bound to cause a serious intestinal blockage. Still pretty good, though it may violate rule #6. Possibly in danger if Kellie's fans come through for her again.

Taylor: Took a great song choice and whiffed. Taylor has been giving lip service to the verses in order to get to the big choruses. It backfired big-time tonight. Rule #7 in play again. DANGER!

Chris: Picked a pretty obscure song, but totally killed it. POW! over the right field wall. Not in danger, and back out in front as the favorite.

Bottom 3: Taylor, Kellie, and Paris.

Out: I'm predicting Kellie goes home unless the text messaging station outside the bar in Albemarle, NC glows in the dark tonight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think kellie going to go too. she butchered the song.

Bern said...

If Kellie isn't on the bottom 3 this week, this is going to be ridiculously unfair!

Chris said...

Good call on Kellie. I read it in the paper this morning.

Jessica said...

I miss Pickler already. She was a ballsy sall-mon loving mink and I will miss her retardation.

 
Clicky Web Analytics