Thursday, March 30, 2006

Boooooooooorrrring!

Geez...I hope I survive this week(end).
I spent 22 hours awake yesterday and slept for 4. Had to stay until closing at 12am, then be back for opening at 5:30am. I am sitting in a popular fast-food establishment in California, simply being present in case there is a problem with the software. Well, thankfully, there aren't any problems requiring my attention, but the sitting around is killing me. I have an extremely tenuous wireless connection here, so I can browse and check email as long as I'm patient and the wind is blowing in the right direction. I may take a break when the lunch rush dies down and go to the hotel for a nap, then get back for dinner rush.

5 more days of this to go. One and a half books read. If I can get my mind focused, maybe I'll try my hand at writing some fiction, since Chris got my interest up with his resolution to give it a go. More later.

10 comments:

Chris said...

You want me to start a yahoo group?

Jason said...

Possibly...explain how we'd use it?

Anonymous said...

guys what kind of fiction are you people going to write? am interested. i am half way through working on the draft of my first book.

Jason said...

Well, i just wrote a backstory and started outlining characters. Maybe I'll have a plot next. Then onto the actual story-telling.

I'm making a story out of the gaming idea I had back when we were playing mutants and masterminds. (Sharon, that's Science Fiction, in case you aren't into gaming)

I'm not sure what Chris has up his sleeve, but it'll probably be fun.

Chris said...

Well, I think we'd use it as a place to discuss ideas and help each other out with problems - a sounding board for stories, etc.

I'm working on a fantasy story right now. Trying to get everything in a usable format in my head.

Anonymous said...

just got back from a weeked home in malacca. ok guys. i no sci fi/fantasy fan but will appreciate the sounding board.

Chris said...

Well, I don't imagine everything would be scifi/fantasy. My mother wrote a children's book and she is still working on more.

Anonymous said...

chris - your mom so cool! she got a website?

Chris said...

No she doesn't. She only does it in her spare time and it's very small-time, so I know you haven't seen it. I'm going to help her and see if she can revise and get a bigger publisher.

Anonymous said...

chris - i would love to read her work.

 
Clicky Web Analytics