Sunday, December 21, 2008

Some Questions Still Remain

Here I am, six days removed from surgery, and some mysteries haven't been solved yet.

For instance:

  • So far, all I've had are clear liquids and I haven't noticed any "full" sensation from my new small stomach pouch. Either the fluids (and this includes Jello) are pouring right through the stomach without pause, or I haven't approached the limit yet. Not that I'm anxious to push it. I wonder just how small that pouch actually is?

  • I've had "interest" in food, but no hunger pangs. I wonder when this will occur, or is that something I'll never have again? (God, please let it be so)

  • I keep wondering what will happen to the larger part of the stomach that no longer has a full-time job. It's still complaining loudly and producing gas and nothing else of benefit. Is it eventually going to accept its new role and shut up? Is it going to go crazy and dump a bunch of acids into my bowels when I start on pureed food?



  • Also regarding the unemployed stomach - what happens in the future if I catch a stomach virus? Do I have two separate cases of nausea?

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Okay, I'm finally commenting here, Jason. Sorry it took me so long! Don't know if you've gotten any answers yet, but I'll tell ya what I can. The hunger returning varies from person to person. Unfortunately, mine returned. Fortunately, I still can't eat a large amount of food and if I try, I get sick. Not fun!

As far as stomach viruses go, at this point you would probably want to call your surgeon and get something for the nausea. It is bad to throw up with you new little pouch.

Milk of Magnesia will be your friend. Buy stock in the company because you will invest a lot of money in the stuff, at least I did! I'm two years out and sometimes my digestive system doesn't like to do what it's supposed to do. A big ole swig takes care of it in a few hours! Don't bother trying anything else, at least for me nothing else worked. MOM is your friend!

 
Clicky Web Analytics