Sunday, December 14, 2008

Der Tag ist Hier!

Well, tomorrow's the big day. I had a protein shake at 7:30 and that's my last sustenance before surgery. The bag is packed and ready to go. We'll leave the house around 8am and the operation starts at 11am.

I am not nervous for some reason. I am just ready to get this over with and get on with my life. Bernie, however, is terrified.

Anyone that has free time tomorrow after 11 o'clock, would you mind giving her a call and trying to settle her nerves? I'd appreciate it.

The doctor called me this afternoon and wanted to know if I had last-second questions or concerns. I sure didn't expect that. We really didn't have much to ask, since they've done a good job of keeping us informed of what we need to do.

I probably won't be back on the blog until I get home. If everything goes right, that'll be Wednesday. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Surgery is probably always more nerve wracking for the one who's NOT getting it done. At least you'll be knocked our and won't have to sit and wait for the doctor to come out and tell you how it went.

Sophie said...

Bernie - sorry just ready this now (Tuesday morning). Hope things went well. Will give you a call later on today! Big hugs!

 
Clicky Web Analytics