Monday, December 22, 2008

Checkpoint 1: Start of Week 2

Original Weight: 333 lbs
Current Weight: 305 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 28 lbs
Weight Loss Since Surgery: 15 lbs

This morning, I ate some thin grits made with chicken broth - about 1/4 cup. They seem to be digesting comfortably. After eating that much, I am no longer hungry. So far, so good.

UPDATE:
Lunch and dinner were Spam Turkey mushed up with mayo. The big news is that the digestive system became fully functional today, with the help of Philips' Milk of Magnesia and the bidet I installed in the master bath. Thank God for that thing.

No pain meds today. I am now officially medication-free. We're going shopping tonight at Wal-Mart to find some tastier things to puree. I have in mind some sort of pizza-mush, or hot dog with mustard puree. I haven't had meat in weeks, folks.

8 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

ok protein shakes coming up....of all sorts - sweet and savory.....

Sophie said...

Hot dog with mustard puree??????????

You are a brave man to go to Walmart so close to xmas. Good luck and hold on tight to your nurse!

Tip: if you can have fruit purees, mangos are soooo yummy when they are pureed. They become silky smooth and full of flavor. When I puree it as baby food, I always make a bit extra for my own selfish personal consumption. You can add cinnamon or things like that to spice it up even more.

Congrats on the weight loss!!! You are doing great so far!

Bern said...

We chickened out and went to Super BiLo instead. And he got to ride in the electric cart :)

Jason said...

I need to double-check on fruit restrictions, but a mango lassi would certainly work. Essentially Mango nectar + yogurt.

Jason said...

For my readers who don't know doggybloggy (take a bow, sir), he's a chef gourmet foodie extraordinaire. I challenged him for some recipes that I can eat on the pureed diet I'm stuck with for awhile.

Sophie said...

Hey, skipping Walmart two days before xmas is NOT chickening out. Who the heck wants to endure that kind of torture?
And I'm sure while Jason was riding the electric cart, he was thinking of ways to pimp it up with a kick ass sound system, entertainment system and possibly, extra speed.

Bern said...

Well, I think he was just trying not to run me over with the cart. (or maybe he was. Not too sure these days)

Tonya said...

Be careful with fruit! Some people dump on it because of the natural sugar. I am lucky. I can have a smoothie made with real fruit, but if I use too much of it I know it! Dumping is not fun......

 
Clicky Web Analytics