Thursday, December 25, 2008

Season's Eatings

First of all - the bottom line: Dec 25 - 301 lbs. That's 32 lbs lost. I expect I'll be well below the 300 mark by Monday, when I go back to work, and I'll never ever see that "3" digit in the first position on the scale again. Once I'm cleared for strenuous exercise, I'm going to work my butt off to get to 250 as quick as I can. I'm beginning to think that sub-200 lbs is a distinct possibility by the end of 2009. I've been slack on the walking due to the holiday. That will change tomorrow, I promise.

I got a totally cool 3-cup food processor for Christmas. The huge one we have was impractical to keep cleaning for such small portions.

Meals (approx 1/4 cup portions):
Dec 24 - breakfast: grits
Dec 24 - lunch: shepherd's pie
Dec 24 - dinner: refried beans with guacamole, cheese and sour cream
Dec 25 - breakfast: runny scrambled egg and grits
Dec 25 - lunch: ham puree with green pea puree and turkey broth
Dec 25 - dinner: organic peanut butter

I probably didn't get my protein goal on Christmas Eve. I'm pretty sure I did today, since I had a double-strength protein shake in the afternoon, and three high-protein meals.

Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas lunch were absolutely delicious, and Christmas lunch was made using my new food processor. Awesome!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Double strength protein shakes don't count! There is a lot of disagreement about the exact amount, but on average most experts say that you can't absorb more than 30 grams of protein at a time. Those wonderful little 46 gram protein bullets are partially wasted, especially in digestive systems that have been altered and don't absorb everything we ingest. You just have to spread it out over the day. I STILL use protein shakes to meet my daily protein intake goal. I'm out of town this weekend and I know I didn't meet my goal today. Of course, football game food leaves a lot to be desired for someone who has had WLS.

 
Clicky Web Analytics