Wednesday, December 31, 2008

First Mistake

Today marks my first screw-up. I made instant grits at work and didn't water them down enough and they swelled up in my stomach. I nearly threw up - had a couple of weak dry heaves - but they eventually went the right way, after some discomfort. I called the nurse and she congratulated me on not screwing up before this, and told me that I had no need to worry, just be more careful with grits and oatmeal in the future.

I'm 292.6 this morning. 40 pounds lighter. It seems like I'm losing about 2 lbs a day.

2 comments:

Laksaware said...

Atleast we know the surgery wasn't a hoax and the doc did actually do something with your stomach pouch :)

Tonya said...

Grits and oatmeal can be your friend, but they can also be your enemy! They're great especially once you start feeling hunger again because they stay with you a long time, but they're also not great because of what you just experienced. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt several times!

 
Clicky Web Analytics