Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Shocked!

Oh my....Chris is gone! I totally didn't see it coming.

I'm in shock, but it adds up when you look at the evidence.

1. Chris took the week off. I thought he could afford to do it, but apparently not.
2. DialIdol.com predicted it...they judge the voting based on percentage of busy signals when dialling.
3. Elliott's surge in votes came at Chris's expense, not Kat's, as I expected.

I've learned a lesson. I truly think that the Idol voting is a closed system now. There is a finite amount of votes each week and when one contender gets more votes due to a great performance, another contender loses votes. I will also pay attention to DialIdol from now on.

I think Chris and Simon are more shocked than anyone at the results.

I have to revise my predictions now, and I think that you have to put Taylor and Elliott as the favorites going into next week. Whodathunkit?

This is why American Idol leads the ratings, folks. Great show.

PS: Incidentally, regarding my song choices for the contenders in my last post? Did you check out the group-sing medley on tonight's show? It's freaking eerie!

5 comments:

eaf said...

GAH! I totally missed the show. We were watching the Canes game, and Chris was recording Lost, so we couldn't record. I wasn't worried though... figured I'd see Kat on Regis and Kelly tomorrow. DAMMIT!

I am completely shocked and ticked off that I didn't vote... not that it would have mattered. Actually, I generally don't vote for anything, because whatever I vote for loses. So I guess it's just as if I HAD voted.

Regardless, I am totally buying the first Daughtry album.

Damn. I'm going to bed.

Bern said...

Darn.. and I voted!! Maybe I should not have voted then he would still be in.

We'll see Chris on Regis and Kelly on Monday.

Jessica said...

I knew it. I saw it coming. It was the curse of Elvis wherein thou shalt not sing Suspicious Minds unless your name is Elvis Aron Presley.
Someone should have let Chris know...

BTW, I loved the way Seacrest dropped the bomb. VERY mean and sneaky.

"some people think you'll be the next American Idol, Chris...you're going home tonight."

Bwah ha ha ha!

Jason said...

Now I have to pull for Kat to pull herself together. She totally pulled a Kellie and used her "get out of jail free" card. I'm hoping Elliott gets booted next week so we can get a talent vs. charisma final.

Bern said...

Can we have less people voting for Taylor, pweeeease?
I know he thinks he looks like the next George Clooney, but pleeease... something is just not right there!
Well, atleast he can be entertaining. .... in a weird way.

 
Clicky Web Analytics