Monday, May 29, 2006

The Return of the Grillmaster

For those of you who only know me through my blog, you need to know that I love to grill. I picked out the perfect grill for me two years ago, and it went into storage when I moved. When I got a 10th anniversary gift from IBM, I chose a charcoal smoker (and immediately rigged it with an electric burner). I have missed both of these guys terribly while they were in storage.

When we built the fence last month, I was able to put the grill on the backyard patio, and the clock in my head started ticking - "tick, tick, time to grill, tick, tick, time to grill..." Well, today was the day!

Grilling tools at the ready! (this includes the flipper Elizabeth gave me, by the way!)
primary burner on! [click]
secondary burner on! [click]
tertiary burner on! [click]
ignition in 3, 2, 1 [chunka, chunka]
[foof!] we have ignition!
(three seconds later)...Houston, we have flameout....
"This isn't fair!"

Out of propane. Shoulda known. At least the nearest place to swap the tank is just a mile away.
So, anyway, after one false start, I got the grill to make the jump to lightspeed. I hearby christen my grill the "Millennium Falcon".

The first meal from the "Falcon" was seasoned burgers and bratwursts with grilled corn on the cob and was eaten by myself, my wife, and my parents. The seasoning in the burgers was lots of my special rib rub and soy sauce. The brats were served with mayo, mustard and kraut on potato rolls. I had chili and slaw on hand for the burgers in case we wanted to make a "Carolina Classic", but they tasted too good to cover up.

I wish I had some pictures to share, but it all got eaten too fast!
The Grillmaster is back, baby!

4 comments:

Bern said...

You can still take pictures, hon. We have plenty of leftovers in the fridge :) That will be my lunch for the rest of the week.

Chris said...

Mayo, mustard, and kraut? *shudder*

Bern said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

haha...for those of you who don't know Chris, he is decidedly anti-condiment. I think he'll let them put cheese and lettuce (leaf, not shred) on his burgers. And no lemon in his ice water!

 
Clicky Web Analytics