Monday, May 22, 2006

In Order To Save The Village, It Was Necessary To Destroy It

I heard that quote from the Vietnam War the other day, and I realized it applied to our house. Now that we've sold what there is to sell, the boxes must be stowed and we have to reorganize what we're going to live with.

I started pulling apart my office yesterday - the only room in the house that has unopened boxes in it. Bernie gave me the look when I started taking things out of the office and putting them in the kitchen, but I think I was able to explain what I was trying to do. Once I got things moved around, the office seemed much larger than before.

Well, now we went and bought two more of those plastic wall cabinets for the garage (with hopefully one more on the way), so more mess must be generated in the name of organization. I think one cabinet is reserved for kitchen appliances that are not used all the time. The rest will be for tools and stuff that's been on the garage floor. I ordered a storage "shed" (it's really a plastic box with doors) for the lawn mower today, too. When I'm done, I think the garage might be empty enough to epoxy the floor, then put both cars in it!

However, I think our time will be spent this week on cleaning. Bernie's been dropping hints, and I have noticed a few places where cleaning is called for, and, like my mom says, "If Jason thinks something's dirty, you'd better call the sanitation department." I have the typical male ability to not see dirt until it reaches critical mass. It's time for a scrubbing.

5 comments:

Bern said...

I get annoyed when he keeps handing me stuff from his office. Now my office looks like a junkyard.

And yes, I deliberately do not want to do ALL the housework. Once I start doing everything by myself, I will ALWAYS have to do it all. I should also stop mowing the lawn.

Jason said...

I agree. Don't mow the lawn - ever. You can't control the mower. My job.

eaf said...

Bernie, you can mow our lawn... we have no manly-man control issues over the mower here. Chris' allergies prevent them from kicking.

Now if I can only get him to be allergic to television...

Bern said...

Plant some flowers around the television :)

Jessica said...

Bob and I laugh and laugh when that trailer for "The Break-Up" comes on:

"You want me to help you with the dishes?"
"I want you to WANT to do dishes"
"WHY would I WANT to do dishes?"

Oh, we laugh.
That's a slice of our life, for sure.
I think the division of household chores is number four on the list of why couples break up, behind money, your mother and the remote control.

 
Clicky Web Analytics