Thursday, March 05, 2009

This weekend's activities

We're going to Wilmington (the beach, for you non-NC natives) for a birthday party. The first domino in a stack of 40th birthdays has fallen, and all my buddies from high school and college will shortly be having them. Mine's in August, but by then I'm sure I'll be tired of parties with black balloons.

Anyway, the weather should be great, as Monday's snow has all melted and the temperature should be near 80 degrees on Saturday and Sunday.

I'm down to 262, if you notice on the tracker at the right. Very shortly, I'll be entering the 250-range, which was the first point I said I would be satisfied with back when this all started. Of course, I'm not satisfied at all yet, and I hereby renounce those statements.

I'm losing all the fat on my arms and the skin around my triceps is flapping. I'm concentrating on that area in the gym and I think it's getting better. The stuff I've been reading says that weight training will get rid of the fat that clings to the loose skin and allow it to tighten up, so that's the goal. Lots of pull-downs, tricep dips, and butterfly exercises.

I'm eating pretty much whatever I want now, and my portion size fluctuates from "tiny" to "oh my god, did I just eat all of that?". Obviously, some things are going down better than others. Today's un-diet was a ham biscuit for breakfast which took a couple of hours to finish, a quarter of a french dip sandwich for lunch, and a tiny bit of spaghetti with a piece of garlic bread for dinner, followed by a little sugar-free ice cream at 9pm. Dinner took awhile to go down for some reason when logic would dictate that it would be the easiest thing I ate all day. There is still no rhyme or reason to what foods agree with me or not.

So here I am, almost 90 days post-surgery. This is still the second-best decision I've ever made.

2 comments:

Bern said...

What's the first best decision?
The Ikea bookshelves? or getting Trouble his radioactive treatment? The latter I hope :)

Sophie said...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it was marrying you, Bernie!

 
Clicky Web Analytics