Monday, February 09, 2009

Pumping Iron

Today, I started working out. Not just walking on the treadmill, I mean. Bernie and I had an appointment with the trainer for our free orientation session, and he showed us some workouts that we should do for our individual goals. Strangely, mine didn't involve much in the way of weights. He had me doing step-ups while holding dumbbells, an inclined pull up using a long strap, and an inclined push up using the weight bar as a grip. We warmed up with 10 minutes of treadmill, and finished with 20 minutes on the stationary bikes.

I'm relatively certain that my arms will be numb tomorrow and paralyzed on Wednesday from this effort. That's just the way I roll.

1 comment:

Bern said...

That personal trainer was trying to kill me (even after I had told him I had a sore muscle)

 
Clicky Web Analytics