Saturday, April 14, 2007

Today We Go Yard Again

Today's plan: Get up and mow the lawn before the rain comes. Bernie plans to go to the farmer's market with Mom.

Today's actual happenings:

1. I get up, make breakfast, mow the lawn.
2. Bernie gets a call from Mom. "Meet me at Lowe's and we'll go to the farmer's market from there."
3. I've finished the lawn, so I tag along.
4. Farmer's Market fails to happen. Lowe's trip involves buying plants and flowers.
5. Remembering the next project we plan to do, I buy 25 castlewall retaining wall bricks for our flowerbed.
6. I proceed to lift 25 of these bricks off of a pile and onto my cart, by myself, while the ladies buy plants.
7. I load these bricks, weighing 20 lbs apiece, onto the truck. (I've now lifted 1000 lbs worth of bricks from squat position to upright so far - my back and arms are dead)
8. The whole family ends up bricking in our front flowerbed, edging the front lawn, planting the new plants, spreading mulch, replacing the edging around two trees with new bricks.
9. I BBQ some babyback ribs for dinner in repayment for everyone's labor.
10. Bernie and I go for a walk.

I'm too tired to do anything now, and I'm not sleepy enough to go to bed. It's going to storm tonight and rain tomorrow. Thank God for that. I won't have to do any more yard work.

1 comment:

A Flea's Life said...

very proud of you! :) now u can go into professional weightlifting alongside the awesome garden!

 
Clicky Web Analytics