Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Mastering the One-Day Turnaround

Last week, I drove to Atlanta and back on the same day for work.
Today, I flew to Nashville, TN and back on the same day for work.

The company I was visiting today decided to delay the trip, but didn't inform us until I got off the plane in Nashville. I decided to deliver the equipment and train the contractor anyway, and it was a good thing I did, because an important piece of equipment was in the process of being installed in the wrong place, and I "nipped it in the bud", so to speak.

This saved us from having to come back a third time, because we wouldn't have been able to get the equipment running next week, and they would never have been able to get the contractor back on site to fix it in a timely fashion.

And the good news is that the contractor I trained thinks he can do the work next week without me having to go back!

PS: The airline that will remain unnamed (but rhymes with US Scareways) absolutely sucks. I'd rather fly Delta and connect thru Atlanta rather than go through this again. Get this: I get the row in front of the emergency exit (won't recline), the air conditioning is warm and won't blow harder than a trickle, making the temperature about 85 degrees, no beverage service, and the seat in front of me over-reclines, leaving 5 inches (I measured) between the seat back and my chest. (I couldn't hold the in-flight magazine in order to read it!). The pilot never turns off the seat-belt sign, so no one can go to the lavatory during the flight. I repeat may asssertion here that if the USA forced these conditions on the prisoners in Gitmo, that Amnesty International would have a fit about "Cruel and Inhuman Punishment".

2 comments:

Bern said...

If I had only 5 inches between my seat and the seat infront of me in the airplane and my seat cannot recline and they do not allow me to go to the bathroom, I'll die of panic attacks and claustrophobia.

eaf said...

Not to mention the exploding bladder issues...

 
Clicky Web Analytics