Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Grandma

Today, I lost my Grandma.

Actually, I lost her months ago, as she has been slowly taken away a piece at a time by mini-strokes. For the last two months, she has been immobile and unable to speak, and it tore my heart to shreds to go and visit her. I knew that the end was near, and I didn't want to remember her that way. I last saw her a couple of weeks ago, when I took Bernie to visit with me. It was horrible and I couldn't make myself stay.

I prefer to remember the woman that smothered her first grandchild with love, cooked wonderful southern meals, and was such a happy part of my life for so long.

I miss her already.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you take care.

Anonymous said...

**hugs**

Chris said...

Sorry, man. I know how tough it is to lose someone.

 
Clicky Web Analytics