Thursday, February 09, 2006

The trap has been set

Ahhh...yes. Valentine's Day is just around the corner. So, being the conscientious, loving husband that I am, I ask the wife "What do you want to do for Valentine's day?"

The answer: "Nothing. Just make sure I'm happy that day."

As Admiral Ackbar would say, "IT'S A TRAP!"

Here's the pitfalls with that statement:

1. It's a workday. She hates her job. How can I keep her happy at work all day? Think I can convince her to take the day off?

2. She's sworn off chocolate - says it makes her heart race. She's not into stuffed animals or flowers. The easy answers have been ruled out before the game begins.

3. The rest of my family is dieting - this makes going out for dinner problematic. Plus, we're having our family 'cheat' meal out on Saturday at a pretty fancy place. That being said, having dinner out is part of the plan.

I've got a few days to think about how I can pull this off. I just wanted to state for the record that I know there's a trap here somewhere. I've just gotta avoid stepping in it.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Ackbar indeed. Might I suggest getting her an appointment at a spa or salon? Backrub, pedicure, etc.

Bern said...

Honestly dear, I am not expecting anything :)V-day is too commercialized these days.

And V-day plans have already been made with your parents and the neighbors across the street, right?

But you are sweet to think of wanting to do something.

Jason said...

No no no...the neigbors and parents thing is for Saturday night, I believe. No relation to V-day.

eaf said...

And this, dear friends, is why I boycott Valentine's Day. There is no way to win this. Although I suppose if my spouse were to spring for a spa or salon treatment, I'd make a concession... but it would have to be just because he loves me... not because it's Valentine's Day. :-)

eaf said...

This reminds me... I should write my annual Valentine's Day rant. I believe I shall blog this tonight.

 
Clicky Web Analytics