Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The things I don't have time for right now

My life is moving forward again, and although I'm happy as I can be about that, I've lost the time to do lots of things I love doing. I mean, TV-wise, I haven't seen Smallville at all this year (well, twice) nor have I seen any Battlestar Galactica. I've never seen a single episode of 24 or Alias, ever. TV consists of a couple of hours a week watching a show with Bernie. I just bought a new PC with my bonus money from work, and I haven't touched it except to set it up to make sure it runs. I got a new car stereo for Christmas that plays MP3s off the CD, and I want to rip every CD I have and condense them to MP3 format so that I only have to keep 4 or 5 CDs in the car (Haven't even gotten started). I've hardly had any time to blog, so I'm doing it during lunch today.

For those of you who are wondering, the new house is going great. We've got all the furniture in, and we've emptied the storage unit into the garage and nearly got all that stuff put away. We have a room that a friend lent us in their house that is full of more boxes that needs to get moved, so that's next on the list. Once the cabinet maker returns to fix his unfinished work, we can move in kitchen stuff and then bring in the bed and actually start living in the house for real.

Bad news, the custom blinds don't fit. We measured twice before ordering just to be sure, and last night, after we discovered the bad fit, we re-measured and it was different. I think the painters/sheetrock folks did something after we measured, but bottom line is that the $300 custom blinds for the living room won't fit. Hopefully, Lowes can trim them for us when we buy the rest of the blinds for the house. This really bummed me out last night, I can tell you.

Bernie has pretty much decided that every stick of furniture I brought into the marriage must be chopped up and burned, then she wants to scatter the ashes. She is grudgingly allowing most of my stuff to go into the house for now, so that we have something other than the floor to sit things and ourselves upon. I think we're going to buy a new bed for the master bedroom first thing. After that, we start replacing things one at a time. My parents (and wife, too, I think) are on a witch-hunt to get rid of my comfy chair in the living room. Darn, I love that chair. I think my comfy sofa is next on the hit list after that.

My next project that I'm looking forward to is to re-terminate my phone jacks to make them into ethernet jacks so we can have a wired network in the house. Then I need to put a wall plate on the surround-sound pre-wire, so I can just plug in components. This is guy stuff, and it's something that no one else in the family can interfere with, so I'm really excited to get started on it.

3 comments:

Bern said...

Trust me dear.. your red comfy sofa is more pleasing to the eye than the *&^%*()&&*^%

eaf said...

Ha! I bet you will find your new furniture even more comfy than the old. Chris wants a new couch for downstairs so badly... but he admits it's better to wait until the kids are old enough to understand that couches aren't for smearing food into... They do learn that one day, don't they?

Chris said...

Our problem isn't the furniture as much as it is that our house is so stuffed full of crap that it oozes out.

 
Clicky Web Analytics