Sunday, February 12, 2006

Gearing up for the big week!

OK, this week is a biggie. I've got V-day on Tuesday, and closing on the new house on Friday. I went out to the house today, and folks, it ain't ready yet. They've got quite a bit of work to do to have it complete on time. We are walking through on Tuesday to put together the punch list, but at this time, there are several doors without knobs, missing appliances, wires hanging from ceilings, paint-sprayed windows, uninstalled fixtures, no electricity, etc. Good luck, P&N builders - you're on the clock!



Meet Bernie's new ride! We got a 2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS fully-loaded with only 18,000 miles on it. The only thing I didn't like about it was that the speakers for the sound system were 90% non-functional on the left side, and the brakes were a bit mushy. They are taking care of both for us and we pick it up on Monday evening. After I signed the deal, I handed Bernie the keys and told her "Happy Valentine's Day! Isn't this better than flowers?" She's pretty happy with it, but wishes she had it here today to show off.

2 comments:

eaf said...

YAY! No more trying to wrangle that huge truck! I'm sure Berni is thrilled!

Bern said...

We all know that Jason wants his truck and satelite radio back so badly that he bought that blue thang :) (Trust me.. it has nothing to do with V-day)

 
Clicky Web Analytics