Saturday, February 18, 2006

It's curtains for you, Lefty...curtains, I say...

We closed on the house on Friday, and despite some things not being totally complete, it's all ours.

We spent the day today hanging curtains, putting a floor in the attic, getting a garage door opener installed, and having the appliances delivered. Tomorrow, I epoxy the garage floor.

You may have noticed that none of this includes moving furniture. As usual, I'm doing this backwards. We move the furniture next weekend, after all the add-ons are done. Not that we have much furniture anyway. I have my old couch and chair, my mom's old dining room set, a futon, a chest of drawers, and a couple of TVs. The bed is a select comfort mattress, so it deflates and packs in a box. We're going to have to buy new stuff to fill the house, and we are NOT in a hurry.

I'm hoping this goes down as the easiest move ever. Wish us luck! Pics of the house will come next week after we get moved in.

1 comment:

Bern said...

And the man has a LOT of boxes....in TWO storage units.

 
Clicky Web Analytics