Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I May Have Spoke Too Soon

After watching Idol last night, and looking at Dialidol this morning, I think my last post on the issue may have been premature.

As we know, Jason Castro and Brooke White have pretty much stunk up the joint for several weeks running, last night being no exception. We also know that Syesha has been at the bottom of the votes for several weeks running, despite some pretty good performances.

I had concluded that this data indicated that the voting patterns were set in stone and individual performances would no longer have an effect on votes.

Well, judging by my lack of interest in the show last night, and by the dialidol figures from this morning, I am changing my mind. I think the Castro and White voters have left the show and Syesha's fans were motivated by Simon's "you may be in trouble tonight" at the end of the show.

Couple that with Castro being in the "slot of death" at the beginning of the show, Paula's bizarre but eerily spot-on future-seeing comments about "not trying hard enough", and the fact that dialidol has Jason and Brooke in a dead heat at the bottom of the voting, with Syesha being the top vote-getter.

I have to guess that Castro is going home tonight. Let's hope it's true.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics