Monday, April 28, 2008

Bewilderingly Sick

On Saturday, I got up late and noticed that I felt weak and stiff, despite not having done anything strenuous lately. I didn't feel better during the day. That night I noticed that my nose was congested again (something I thought was getting better after my one bout of allergy attack earlier this spring), and that I was only able to sleep well on my stomach.

Sunday morning, I was still stiff and sore and weak, but I was really dopey and not well-rested, which I attribute to breathing problems during the night. I didn't get better until late afternoon, after a nap. I was OK during the evening, but last night I woke up every 30 minutes, it seemed, and when the alarm went off this morning, I knew I wasn't going to make it to work. I called in sick and slept until 11. I also noticed that the little bits of my tonsils that remain (after having them out years ago) are a bit swollen.

When I got up finally, I stretched a bit and I'm feeling a bit better. I think I'm going to dedicate the day to stretching my muscles periodically and see if I can get rid of the stiffness. Tonight, I'm going to stock up on allergy meds again.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics