Monday, November 17, 2008

Removing some Blogs from my list

I hate Facebook. I really do.

I once had friends that kept blogs. Since I moved from Raleigh, this was my only way to really keep up with how they were doing, what they were thinking, etc.

When they all joined facebook, I realized that this would be the end eventually, and, unfortunately, it's come true. Now, instead of being able to read about the important things that happen to them in life, or getting their true feelings on current events, I get a one-sentence feed of their grocery trips, moods, what they had for lunch, and generally very little of interest.

Unfortunately, this has also stunted my interest in posting on my blog, and thus, you see fewer posts from me.

I'm pledging to reverse that trend and try to post more often and even when I have little to actually say, I'm going to try to be creative and get on with my story.

In the meantime, I'm going to remove the 'dead' blogs from my blogroll. With much sadness and regret. I'm afraid the popularity of facebook and twitter spell the end of the blog.

4 comments:

Sophie said...

I totally understand and hate facebook myself. I caved to the pressure about two weeks ago to join the darn website - and don't really it. Guess it lets you keep up with the mundane things people are up to, without it taking too much time to post. I still do my faithful blog crawl every night (These things, Life, Mommy, Sol, ...)

Anonymous said...

Gee thanks.. my last full post was on the 11th. Not great but how do you follow up to the Bill Clinton corkscrew?

eaf said...

Can I just say that nothing important HAS been happening in my life lately? Someone in Alaska is having triplets in a very scary pregnancy, someone else is shutting down his digestive system for a bit which is also very scary, and others are facing tough times raising three kids. I got nuthin' but some trips to the grocery store and some cold weather. I do hope you aren't so upset with our boring lives that you will still come to the holiday party in January. :-(

Jason said...

So you want to see a guy cry because he can't eat all the goodies at your party?

 
Clicky Web Analytics