Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The setup

I'm not "just discovering" blogging. I've just discovered that everyone I know seems to be doing it, that's all. Whether I can manage to post my thoughts on a semi-regular basis seems to be my challenge, and I guess I'll give it a try.

That's the setup. Here's the payoff. Who am I?

I'm a 36 year old (24 years old inside) guy who spent most of his life feeling alone and cranky. Then, almost exactly two years ago, I met the woman of my dreams online. I know how it sounds, but after a couple of months of emailing and then online chatting, I knew I was in love and had to meet this girl, who lived in Malaysia. I saved my money, bought a plane ticket, spent 31 hours on a plane, and knew instantly that she was the one. One year later, we were married, and now we are living a wonderful existence together in North Carolina.

All those years I was alone, and now I know that my soul mate was placed half a planet away from me - that's either God testing me, or playing a joke on me. I guess I'll know the truth on judgement day. Regardless, I feel pretty lucky to have found her.

And that's the first post on my blog. More to come soon!

 
Clicky Web Analytics