Saturday, November 26, 2005

A good day, sort of

I had a nice day, sort of. Bernie and I got up and had breakfast, then played some christmas carols together on the piano. Very nice and cheesy. Then Bernie and I went shopping and browsed a bunch of furniture stores. We're thinking of what she calls a "Balinese" flavor for our new house. The color scheme we want for the main room is a rich dark chocolate brown for the wood and a nice icy blue for other surfaces, with a buttery maple color for the third color. Apparently, the furniture stores like it, as every one of them had pieces that use that very color scheme.

Anyway, about halfway through the day, I notice that my cell phone has messages, so I call voice mail and I've got 6 unheard messages. This is a surprise since I've had the phone with me 24 hours a day since yesterday morning and it hasn't rung at all except for two calls from friends. So I listen to the messages and they are all urgent calls from work. Wonderful. Now I look like a slacker to everyone that's been calling. Bernie takes a look at my phone while I'm driving and apparently there is some "privacy" setting that's been activated somehow. I'm not convinced. It's Loki playing tricks on me, I know it. How did the two calls that I answered get through? It doesn't add up. Anyway, I called everyone back and the troubles have sorted themselves out. Hopefully, I'm not in trouble.

So I put that all behind me and we finish our shopping trip, help my mother decorate the christmas tree, and I start to watch the UNC-VaT football game. Bad decision. I should have ignored the game entirely, like I usually do (UNC football is getting easier and easier to ignore). I give up in the 3rd quarter. Now I'm in a bad mood and it's bedtime. And I don't trust my cell phone any more, so I'm looking at it every few minutes. Sleep may not come easily tonight.

4 comments:

Chris said...

What's up with your quarterback whining about State's schedule?

Jason said...

Quarterback? I have no Quarterback.

eaf said...

Carolina is a basketball school.

Chris said...

Oh, of course! I forgot.

 
Clicky Web Analytics