Sunday, January 20, 2008

We Won't Get Fooled Again

With apologies to the Who.

Local meteorologists: Be warned. At no point this weekend did you even speak of the possibility that we would get no accumulation at all - until the snow and rain ended. In fact, when the rain, sleet and snow had not even started until three hours later than your prediction, instead of backing off, you reported that the predicted accumulation would in fact be more than you originally stated. In poker, this is known as a bluff. I canceled a road trip that I had been looking forward to for a long time based on your fear-mongering, and now we all feel stupid. You've abused the public trust yet again, and we won't be trusting you any longer.

I've been really lazy today and accomplished very little. At least I'll be well-rested for work on Monday.

Tuesday update: They did it again! Predicted gloom and doom ice storm for this morning, that is. Guess what? Nothing fell. It's not even that cold.

1 comment:

eaf said...

We missed you guys too! I don't trust weathermen. It's probably going to kill me one day, but I don't. I get a better feel for what will happen by standing outside and sniffing the air.

Of course, it's not their fault entirely. Any of them who grew up here haven't seen real snow in at least six years.

 
Clicky Web Analytics