Sunday, December 30, 2007

Object of My Obsession


In case you've been wondering why I haven't been blogging since Christmas:

This is a Nokia N800 Internet Tablet. This was my primary Christmas gift this year, and I've been spending all my spare time playing with it since then.

Basically, this is a handheld PC with wi-fi and bluetooth. It runs on a flavor of Linux, and there are lots of free applications out there that can be downloaded and installed. I'm just beginning to unlock this thing's potential.

Web browsing (fully-functional, not handicapped like cell phones' browsers)
VoIP telephone calls (it can use my account for Broadvoice!)
Instant messaging
Media player (it's a fantastic music and video player)
Streaming content from the internet (YouTube, Internet radio)
GPS Navigation (I ordered a bluetooth GPS antenna)
Games (they ported the original Doom release for it already)
PDA
FM Radio

Anyway, that's what I've been doing this week. I can even blog from it!

4 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

cool...is it worth getting or is it a tech toy?

Jason said...

It's worth it. I got the wireless GPS unit (the size of a pack of gum) the other day and it's amazing.

I'm considering getting a data plan on my cell phone so I can connect the N800 through it via bluetooth. If I had a constant internet connection with this thing, I might consider getting it surgically implanted.

eaf said...

Does it take pictures? I read someone who did a live blog from Disney with pictures all from her iPhone. It was awesome.

Jason said...

It does indeed take pictures. It has a built-in webcam that can take stills.

 
Clicky Web Analytics