Friday, June 22, 2007

Ottoman Empire

When we got our new living room furniture, we knew we needed something to put our feet up on. Having exhausted our ready cash, I was asked to make matching ottomans.

I made this ottoman a couple of months ago to match our new sofa. An ottoman 4 feet long would be very expensive to buy from a furniture store. I made this one for about $40. (The legs need to be painted, but we haven't gotten around to that yet)









This is the one I made this week. It goes with the armchair and has rolling casters.













Bernie wanted one with storage, and that's what she got. I'll line the interior with some cheap fabric and cover the staples on the bottom of the cushion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well look at you, Furniture Man!!! Watch out, don't get too talented or we may hire you!!!

Anonymous said...

wow!!!!!! can you make me one when you come to malaysia?!!! they looked great and expensive!!

Anonymous said...

Cool! Lookin' good. Can't wait to check out your handiwork.

 
Clicky Web Analytics