Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Grrrrrr

Tonight, I get a call from my old friend Ed. Ed is the friend who is head fly man for Blue Man Group at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. He got Bernie and me some comp tickets to the show when we were in Vegas last year. Ed has diabetes and was about as reckless about his condition as a human being could be back when we were all growing up together. I think he was voted "least likely to survive to age 25" in high school. Back then, the group would go on hikes or bike rides and Ed would usually end up passed out in shock with one of us shoving crackers down his throat to get his blood sugar back up. Ed is an outdoors kind of guy and has the Grizzly Adams beard (flaming red, of course) that goes with his persona. He managed to land one of the nicest girls I've ever met despite this, and convinced her to marry him, and they have a little girl who looks like a living doll. They moved to Las Vegas when Ed got the job with Blue Man Group a couple of years ago. I think most of my old group of friends has been out there to visit at least once since then.

Well, Ed is visiting Raleigh with his wife and little girl this weekend and called me to see if we could try to get together on Sunday. Of course, this would be one Sunday where I have to go to work for one tiny little hour in order to test a new software code deployment my department is doing this weekend. I can't leave town.

These things can only happen to me. Grrrrr!

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics