Thursday, December 14, 2006

Why I haven't been posting much

Well, my computer is dying, and persists in dying despite two on-site service calls. The darn thing keeps rebooting after a few minutes. Sony has replaced the power supply and the motherboard, and it stubbornly persists in continuing to reboot. Now I have to pack the thing up and send it to the repair depot and I won't see it again until after Christmas.

And the news of the day is that I had a bout of food poisoning last night and am still sweating and shivering today. Hopefully, I'll recover to go to work tomorrow. It's been a long week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... did they happen to replace the chip? I've seen issues with overheating or low bus voltage that will cause a sudden reboot. Unfortunately if you don't have an over clocker's special (motherboard) there is precious little you can do about the bus voltage. Heat may be as little as a millimeter between the sink and the top of the chip.

Jason said...

I'm certain (now) that it is the processor. But, now I cannot restore the hard drive back to factory defaults (it failed twice), so Sony can do that for me, I guess.

 
Clicky Web Analytics