Tuesday, January 03, 2006

What a wonderful new year's celebration!

Well, I was waiting for the other shoe to drop, and it did. The contractors my company hired to do installs for my project had not one, but two installers either get contagious rashes or have car accidents, so I had to drop my holiday plans and work. My company now owes me three days of missed vacation.

I spent my New Year in Seminole, FL, installing our software and hardware in a brand-new Panda Express. My wife would have been furious if she hadn't been sick and in bed the whole time. Bernie let me know that she LOVES New Year's. Personally, it's not my favorite holiday, but that's mostly due to past years of not having a significant other to share the moment with. I can see that this will change in the future.

I did make it back home in time for the traditional New Year dinner of roast pork, greens, and black-eyed peas. Those of you who weren't raised in the South should note that the pork is for good health, the greens for money, and the peas for good luck in the new year.

Oh yeah, I got a remarkable fortune in my cookie from Panda Express:
"You will move into a beautiful new home this year"
First of all, it's true. Secondly, how many fortunes do you get that make a specific prediction like that? Thirdly, it sort of implies that the fortune was meant to be read on New Year's. Quite neat.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics